Monday, July 9, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to our new blog.

Darrell will be doing most of the posting as this is his family's newsletter, but since he has no idea of what I am doing, I'm going to steal his thunder for a moment (I really embarrass him by the things that I say--oh well).

I have to tell you this funny story--mostly because it will embarrass Darrell. . . .We have been helping pack up this lady, Donna. Darrell has been a trooper. He really has because he has stepped in and picked up a lot of slack around the house while I have been gone. And even when I am home he is still doing my chores, since I'm usually "wiped out!" Darrell has even come over to help carry boxes out of the silo and just plain be a "muscle man" at Donna's as well. So, the other night Darrell came over rather late to take some paintings out of the rafters in the garage. He was very sweet to come and do it (none of us wanted to climb up there with all the spiders. Believe me, there were plenty of those--and mice--where we were cleaning and packing!).

The next day Donna proceeds to tell me what an attractive husband I have. She says that he is not only handsome and physically "hot," but that he is also so kind and gracious and that is an extremely attractive combination. She wanted me to know how lucky I am! Of course I already know that, but isn't it nice to know that even at 47 he's still "got it!"

Donna makes me smile, and yes, Darrell is blushing!

No comments: